Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Money.

I'm sure I've written about money before, more specifically, my complete lack of it. And I'm really in the shitter right now, in some serious debt. I need to find a way to come up with a grand, and then another £310 a month after that, pretty damn quickly. I don't come from the type of family with that sort of money. Without going into too much detail, we lived years with my mum's abusive ex who had her wages put into a 'joint' account, to which only he had access, so when we left, we had nothing much more than our clothes. At the time we left, unmarried couples, even those who had co-habited for almost 7 years, had no rights as to money or owt like that, despite him buying a fucking holiday home before we left. There was talk about changing that law after we'd gone, but (probably bad for me as a politics student), I don't know whether they ever did. It's irrelevant anyway, we left in 2005, on my 15th birthday. We have a roof over our heads and food on the table, but monetary wise, we still have nothing.

I can max out my credit card, which I've never used, and that would give me £500 of it. But the rest? And after that? Ginge wants me to go to my dad, but we're estranged for reasons that we're both at fault for, really (although I'm sure he doesn't know my reasons, and just thinks of me as some sort of ungrateful brat). Besides which, my dad claims I only ever go to him for money. I hate not having my dad in my life and that needs fixing, but I don't know how that can be fixed when, well, I would be coming to him for money. Bad timing for a reunion.

I'm seeing my CPN tomorrow and I don't know whether he can offer any advice. I'm hoping so. I just have no idea what to do and Ginge is stressed, which makes me feel even more stressed 'cause I know I cause her enough problems.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is awful that you are having to go through this on top of everything else you have had to deal with.... it is unbelievable... I will pray for you and send out positive vibes. I wish I had the money to help you.. I would if I could!

    ReplyDelete