Saturday, 23 November 2013

Where in the world is Rebecca Condron...

If you never played Where in the World is Carmen Santiago (I think that's what her name was, but maybe don't quote me; I'm not up on Latino names or early '90s games. I am, however, clearly a poet who know' it), not only are you missing out, but you'll also not have hummed the title of this entry to the right theme tune. Shame on you. The basic game was this bird in a killer red coat bums about the world and chucks you clues as to where she is. Why? I don't know. The whole thing is a blur, apart from that coat. What a coat. I suppose, really, you might as well have just asked the whole world if they'd seen her- that coat was dead memorable. Shut up, Condron.

SO, Where in the World is Rebecca Condron? Clues, um, right. Steelworks. My favourite naughty word is included in the name. Ah, um, this is harder than it sounds, probably why I got bored of Carmen and just enjoyed her coat. Still, though, the game. I'm not sure at what point Carmen revealed her whereabouts, but I'll scream mine from the rooftop- HELLO WORLD, I'M HOME. HELLOOOOOO SCUNTHORPE!

I'm more than a bit chuffed to be here, even if 'here' is currently involving a big tele showing football. It's all good. For the first time in a year, I get a night out of hospital. Maybe, despite, or because of, the struggle, I'm slowly making progress. I've a long way to go to discharge, but I'm still dragging myself along, even if sometimes it seems to be by my teeth. Oh, it's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy every minute you have at home, I hope they come more often Rebecca... :)

    ReplyDelete