Friday, 27 December 2013

Christmas with the fam.

I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I happen to have the best family ever. No, really, I do. I've learnt not to take them for granted, though, because being in hospital, particularly with it being psychiatric, I've met so many people with varying degrees of shithead making up their families. I'm ridiculously lucky, I really am.

I got to see most of the family (it's quite a big one- we're Catholic. Well, I'm not, but that's just because I'm in recovery from religion) over the few days I was home, and got to spend Christmas day with some of my favourite human beings. I can't even describe how amazing it was, especially after spending last Christmas in hospital and, well, all of this year itself in, too. I'm so grateful for how most (I'll maybe explain why it's most I say and not all another time, I'm too happy right now) never make me feel like a shameful secret. I try to be a good person and I get through the days as best I can, that's all that matters, I think and that's summat I, as much as anybody else, need to remember.

Christmas was brilliant, but it's not as horrific as I thought it would be, coming back to hospital. I'd rather be with my blood, but I've also got a water family here, and that's another thing that makes me lucky. I'm feeling very, very, I don't know, honoured, right now.

Don't ever take brilliant Christmases for granted. My family made last year as special as it could have been, but nowt compares to Christmas at home. So proud to have been well enough this year for it :)!

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca... I'm SO happy you were able to spend Christmas at home this year.... YAY ♡♥♡

    ReplyDelete