Friday, 7 November 2014

10 things I've just learnt

They say you learn something new every day, but whenever I read something like that, it sounds like a challenge. A bit like when you get something delicious and it say it'll feed 10. As. If. Game on. Anyway, back off that tangent; I think I've learnt a good 10 things over this last week and so I'm going to share my, ahem, wisdom:

1. Being in a room of strangers is an opportunity, not something to cause anxiety. It's pretty cool to know that, chances are, there'll be someone dead fun hidden away.

2. Sometimes, just sometimes, that room of strangers may contain someone who wants to present something really bloody stupid. It's best to question, just to make sure it's not as shit as it sounds. If it is as shit as you think (I'm always right, don't know about you), say 'with all due respect' and 'I'm sorry, buuuuuut...' as much as you can. Make a game of it.

3. You can glitter glue anything.

4. Or add normal glitter to anything.

5. Get involved in everything. The only way to improve things- or even, to get inspired to do or improve things- is to get up, get on, shout out.

6. It's ok to want to always be there for someone, but it's also ok if somebody wants to be there for you. That said, if you need to, take time for yourself. And that's more than ok.

7. The body needs fuel. Who knew?

8. Reading back old blog entries (or, if you keep a diary, read old ones) is a melancholic way to spend some time. But more than that, it's pretty amazing to see how far you've come.

9. It's possible to get 4 tubes of Smarties in your mouth at one time (minus the packaging; that's my next aim).

10. Those 4 tubes? Those are good. They're not to be feared, alright? ALRIGHT.

1 comment:

  1. I used to think the same thing about that phrase of learning something new everyday... funny thing is the older I get, the more I see this in my life.

    I haven't got to a really good point to actually read my old entries, hopefully one day I can and I will do it without being sad... there is hope.

    I love the one here where you say we just need to get up and get involved, I am making some changes this week so that I can do just that..

    Who knew you could glitter everything... see, I learned something new today ;)

    ReplyDelete