Saturday, 4 July 2015

Fundraising update #1

This is going to be brief because I'm in the middle of working on my Hoedown Showdown. No, literally. As in the Hannah Montana Movie dance thingy. S'all good. But anyway, not here to brag about my lack of dancing prowess. but to tell you that Stage 1 of my fundraising is up and running. Running. Oh, running (I'll get to the running part in a sec). Quick catch up; I'm running a 10k next year- which I still find hilarious. I run as well as I dance- for b-eat, the UK's ED charity. When I signed up for it, I kind of thought 'in for a penny, in for a pound' and so I may as well go at this hard. So that's the plan and I'm just getting started. Phase 1? Well, I've made a shop on Etsy, selling homemade owls with a little positive twist. Here's the link... OwlAlwaysBePostive. Shop, buy, share, do your thang, my beauties!

Running. I'm not kidding, because of my sort-of kind-of agoraphobia (I'm not classically agoraphobic, I'm actually scared of being out on my own in Scunthorpe, because I'm convinced I'll run into one of my abusers. Get me on a train out of town and I'm fine), I decided that it makes far more sense to set an alarm for 4am, go for a run, come back and go back to bed. I know it seems really backwards, but actually it's a lot cooler and nobody is about and it's nice to be alone and free. This last week has been the first time that I've been out alone in Scunny for years, so I'm actually enjoying it. Not so much the running part, although I enjoy my shuffle up the road far more than I thought I would, it's the first exercise I have ever done that isn't for the sake of losing weight, too, so it's weirdly exciting. Speaking of, I got my sporting injury- well, a blood blister- EVER so I'm feeling pretty hardcore.

But back to my owls! All profits will be going to b-eat, and they have positive notes and the collective noun for owls is parliament, so they're really bloody cool. Take a peak at my parliament!


2 comments:

  1. Rebecca... this is awesome... I wish you so much success with all that you are doing..

    I needed to tell you that I will be taking a blog and social media break, I will miss you... I have a lot going on right now and I need some alone time to think things through and work out some things... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! ♥

    xoxo ♥ www.beingasanmonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete