Saturday, 26 September 2015

I believe in selfies

I believe in selfies.


I believe that there are worse things than a person thinking that they're beautiful. Like a person thinking that they're ugly or worthless.


I believe that there are worse things than a person thinking they have a good body. Like a person starving themselves to death.


I believe that everybody needs some attention and that there are riskier ways of seeking attention than posting numerous selfies. Like acting dangerously.


I believe that everybody needs to feel good about themselves and that there are riskier ways of doing that than taking numerous selfies. Like acting dangerously, sexually.


I believe that if you're having a good face day or hair day or body or outfit day or whatever day, you should feel able to document it and post it everywhere, ever. Or even just to keep a little folder for yourself, to remind yourself in days that don't feel so good, that you felt good once and so you will again.


I believe that if you're having a bad face day or hair day or body day or whatever day, you should be able to find a pose that makes you feel however you need to feel, capture it and do what you need to with it.


I believe that taking selfies isn't vain or a sign of a shallow person any more than checking your reflection is and that not taking selfies makes you no better or worse than someone who takes hundreds.


I believe it's not fake to keep taking several selfies until you find one you love, with people you love, and that it can result in a photo that will always make you smile.


I believe you are more than your selfies could ever show, but that they're not a bad start. Let's try something- be nice to yourself and snap one for me.


1 comment:

  1. I agree Rebecca, there are much worse things then taking selfies.. hating our bodies or faces are much worse... I also think it's just fine to take a couple of shots to find one that makes us smile xox ♡

    ReplyDelete